Facebook is an incredible social networking website that enables more than just connections to friends.
One aspect is its applications or “apps.” These are social programs that enable Facebook users stay in touch with friends and contacts in fun and meaningful ways through social objects, objects of mutual interest that two or more people share in common.
In celebrating Arbor Day, Sue Citro posted an announcement to the cause The Nature Conservancy,
Here are Sue’s 5 Ways to Help Save The Rainforest and Stop Climate Change.
Today is Arbor Day — it may not be celebrated on the same day everywhere, but no matter, today is a great day for you to help protect trees. Here are 5 ways you can get involved:
1. You can explore one of the world’s most endangered tropical forests and stand up for the plant or animal you care about most with this Facebook application: http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=9719017220
2. Create a virtual garden on your Facebook profile and send fun, cute plants to your friends with (Lil) Green Patch: http://apps.facebook.com/greentrees/home.php
3. Have fun playing mini games with people who care about the environment while you instantly raise money for The Nature Conservancy with the application, Stop Climate Change:
4. You can show everyone how green you are by creating “leaves” for all the good things you do for the planet with I Am Green: http://apps.facebook.com/iamgreen/home
5. Get your friends involved by starting your own tree planting campaign at http://www.nature.org/widget
For more ideas to get involved, don’t forget to become a fan of The Nature Conservancy at:
Thanks for all you do to protect nature and preserve life each and everyday. Happy Arbor Day!
The Nature Conservancy
Facebook cause: http://apps.facebook.com/causes/2979?h=plw&recruiter_id=13367781