Perkins presents key data points for navigating the social web, which resonate success for anyone engaged in social media, social networks, or simply using their smartphone.
Here are 14 slides business (or anyone) needs to know:
- #8 – About 70% of the digital universe is generated by individuals.
- #14 – Media brands are increasingly defined less by the platform and more by the community
- #15 …the means of production and distribution are shared…
- #18 …the purpose of information is to foster communication — M.Zuckerberg.
- #21 …attention is increasingly earned…
- #22 …creating and supporting groups…
- #23 …engaging and nurturing its community…
- #25 …how can you help that comunity do what it wants to do — M.Zuckerberg.
- #29 …you are what you share — C.Ledbeater
- #31 …companies must act faster, responding in real time, to keep apace with its customers.” FarisYakob
- #32 …its about responsiveness…
- #38 …create content and services that [is] worth passing on.
- #51 – Americans between the ages of 8 and 18 spend on average 7 1/2 hours a day using some sort of electronic device
- #58 – New ways to tell stories…
Be There. Share. Show You Care.
The bottom line? The road to success will be earned by those who create and share an endless stream of information, and whom participate to support within their communities.
Feed your community. Grow your influence.
Feed your community. Earn their trust.
Feed your community.
What are you sharing?