Facebook offers Places as a killer location-based mobile app and also as a service that you can also directly access from your web browser.
Users of Foursquare will be in awe. Places features a slimmed down web based format that presents information in a format that’s most suitable for mobile web devices (see image below). It is fully featured, offering access to your Home, Profile and Friends and Inbox.
How do you compare Places?
Are you a Foursquare user or Gowalla user that’s used Places?
What do you think?
See related articles
- Will You Use Facebook Places? [POLL] (mashable.com)
- Who, What, When, and Now…Where (blog.facebook.com)
- Foursquare’s Dennis Crowley: Still Deciding on Facebook Places (nytimes.com)
- Location-based feature, Facebook Places, is now unveiled (techvibes.com)
- Facebook Like button Turns Web Pages into Two-Way Communication Channels (amoswhite3.com)
- Facebook: The New Threat to Google and Apple (amoswhite3.com)
- Facebook Partnering With Gowalla, Foursquare For Places (techcrunch.com)
- Facebook Punks Foursquare, Gets Them To Announce Nothing (allfacebook.com)
- Foursquare’s Dennis Crowley: Still deciding on Facebook Places (Cody Barbierri/VentureBeat) (techmeme.com)