Google doodles again.
The eponymous brand logo features an 3D interactive buckyball in place of the second yellow “o” in Google’s logo. The buckyball spins to life from a blank white field and can be interacted with when touched with your mouse.
Update 9/4/2010 5:41pm
Google remains a leader in marketing innovation. The search engine and technology giant is continues to alter its only brand– the Google® trademark logo– to draw attention to, recognize, and celebrate other’s achievements and historic milestones. Other companies consider this a risk, or even fatal marketing or business step. However, I believe that Google realizes the power its brand has and shares that power to recognize others. The hallmark of a leader at the vanguard of social web movement.
- Google Celebrates the 25th Anniversary of the Buckyball with a new Doodle (geardiary.com)
- Google’s Artistic Flare in Friendship (amoswhite3.com)
- Artful Communications the Google Way (amoswhite3.com)
- Google’s Spinning Buckyball Logo (searchengineland.com)
- Google celebrates 25 years of the ‘buckyball’ (guardian.co.uk)