Collaboration – Participation – Community Building
“…[M]ore of what makes for human welfare depends on
info, knowledge and culture, and social production and
peer production is beginning to produce what we need;
software, textbooks, publishing.”
-Yochai Benkler, Professor of Law, Yale Law School
Rethinking to Rebuild
Professor Michael Wesch, Head of Digital Ethnography at Kansas State University, 2008 U.S. Professor of the Year and producer of the ground breaking viral video “Web 2.0 … The Machine is Us/ing Us” starts us on a new conversation with “Rethinking Education.”
We have escaped a previous box, we don’t know where we are..
There really requires the commons to come up with some of this stuff.
Why would people construct knowledge…?
Video: “Open-source economics”
Berkman@10: Cooperation (Yochai Benkler, Jimmy Wales)
eBook – PDF: The Wealth of Networks: How Social Production Transforms Markets and Freedom
eBook – Online: The Wealth of Networks
How cognitive surplus will change the world
- BigThink’s Series on Longevity: A Fun Place To Start (video) (singularityhub.com)
- The Vision of Students Today – Call for Submissions (freetech4teachers.com)
- Wikileaks panel with Ellsberg, Shirky, Thiel, Zittrain & Singham (boingboing.net)
- Yochai Benkler on The Broadband Plan (avc.com)
- Bruce Sterling talk on “vernacular video” (boingboing.net)